News & Updates
- 2021 DRTPA Finals will be held at the Ike Hamilton Expo in West Monroe, LA on December 2-5, 2021. It takes 4 sanctioned events with 8 rides per show to qualify for the 2021 Finals.
- In areas were Co-Sanctioned events have been approved 2 Co-Sanctioned events are allowed for 1 show qualification. Riders must ride a minimum of 8 rides at each show to qualify. See the Co-Sanctioning Rule below for additional information.
- Be a part of the 80 RIDE CLUB by riding a minimum of 80 times at DRTPA sanctioned events and be eligible to ride in the SPECIAL ADDED MONEY PENNING & SORTING CLASSES at the 2021 DRTPA Finals. There was $11,206 payout in these NO ENTRY Fee classes at the 2020 Finals.
- ATTENTION YOUTH RIDERS – Saddles to the Junior Youth High-Point Rider and the Senior Youth High-Point Rider will be awarded at the 2021 Finals.
Congratulations to 2020 DRTPA Finals – Jr. Youth High-Point Saddle Winner, Allie Ammons, and 2020 DRTPA Finals – Sr. Youth High-Point Saddle Winner, Shiann Buckner.
- 2021 Year End Points Race – will end with the last show of the season. Trophy saddles will be awarded at the finals to the qualified high point rider in each classification (#1, #2, #3, #4, and #5).
- 2021 Finals High Point Rider- High point rider at the Finals will receive a Trophy Saddle. Riders will go into the Finals with zero points. All prizes awarded at the Finals will be based on points earned at the Finals.
Welcome to DRTPA!
Once again we have come to the end of an exciting team penning/ranch sorting year for 2019-20. Working through some tough challenges for the year DRTPA came back strong with the support of it’s loyal members and had great year and an AWESOME 2020 Finals with a payback of 80%. The DRTPA 2020 FINALS ran 1147 first go teams with payback and awards totaling right at $119,000.
Thanks to all the members who supported Dixie Region Team Penning Association by attending four (4) or more shows to qualify to participate in the 2020 DRTPA Finals. Also thanks to the families who support Dixie Region by producing the sanctioned shows. If it was not for the people who give of their time to produce the shows throughout the year, we would not be able to get anyone qualified for the finals,
The 2020 DRTPA Finals were held at the Ike Hamilton Expo Center in West Monroe, LA on December 4-6, 2020. Thanks to Clint and Heather Price for choosing outstanding awards for the year-end show, and to the Board of Directors for successfully keeping the show running smoothly and making sure everyone had a wonderful weekend. Thanks also to Auctioneer Brian Buckner and all the participants in the Youth Auction, raising $9,688 towards the 2021 youth saddles and awards.
The Show Schedule for 2020-21 has been posted and will be updated as more shows are scheduled. You can check it out under Schedule of Events. You only have to attend four (4) shows and ride a minimum of eight (8) times in each of the shows to qualify to participate in the 2021 DRTPA Finals.
Be a part of the 80 RIDE PENNING & SORTING CLUB.
At the 2021 DRTPA Finals there will be special penning & sorting classes for the 80 Ride Club with added money. All members who ride a minimum of 80 times in any classes at DRTPA sanctioned events will be eligible to participate in the special 80 RIDE CLUB penning and sorting classes.
Dixie Region Team Penning Association is very excited with the growth of our Regional Association. We hope you will come join us for an exciting 2020-2021 DRTPA season and a Finals of Great Paybacks, Awards, Banquet, and some of the greatest people in the team penning and sorting sport. For new members we look forward to you becoming a part of the Dixie Region Team Penning family, and for current members we can’t wait to see you again during the coming show year. Safe Travels to You All.