News & Updates
- 2020 DRTPA Finals will be held at the Ike Hamilton Expo in West Monroe, LA on December 4-6, 2020. It takes 4 sanctioned events with 8 rides per show to qualify for the 2020 Finals.
- In areas were Co-Sanctioned events have been approved 2 Co-Sanctioned events are allowed for 1 show qualification. Riders must ride a minimum of 8 rides at each show to qualify. See the Co-Sanctioning Rule below for additional information.
- Be a part of the 80 RIDE CLUB by riding a minimum of 80 times at DRTPA sanctioned events and be eligible to ride in the SPECIAL ADDED MONEY PENNING & SORTING CLASSES at the 2020 DRTPA Finals. There was $7,025 payout in these NO ENTRY Fee classes at the 2019 Finals.
- ATTENTION YOUTH RIDERS – Saddles to the Junior Youth High-Point Rider and the Senior Youth High-Point Rider will be awarded at the 2020 Finals.
Congratulations to 2019 DRTPA Finals – Jr. Youth High-Point Saddle Winner, Shiann Buckner, and 2019 DRTPA Finals – Sr. Youth High-Point Saddle Winner, Ryon King.
- Download the 2019-2020 DRTPA RULEBOOK
- DRTPA Co-Sanctioning Rule
Welcome to DRTPA!
Once again we have come to the end of an exciting team penning year for 2018-19. The DRTPA 2019 Finals had a payback of 75%. AWESOME!!!!! The DRTPA 2019 FINALS had 804 first go teams run and payback and awards totaling right at $89,000.
Thanks to all the members who supported Dixie Region Team Penning Association by attending four (4) or more shows to qualify to participate in the 2019 DRTPA Finals. Also thanks to the families who support Dixie Region by producing the sanctioned shows. If it was not for the people who give of their time to produce the shows throughout the year, we would not be able to get anyone qualified for the finals,
The 2019 DRTPA Finals were held at the Ike Hamilton Expo Center in West Monroe, LA on September 20-22, 2019. Thanks to Clint and Heather Price for choosing outstanding awards for the year-end show, and to the Board of Directors for successfully keeping the show running smoothly and making sure everyone had a wonderful weekend. Thanks also to Auctioneer Brian Buckner and all the participants in the Youth Auction, raising $4710 towards the 2020 youth saddles.
The Show Schedule for 2019-20 will be posted soon and you can check it out on the website (2019-2020 Schedule of Events) and mark your calendar to get qualified for the 2020 DRTPA Finals to be held at the Ike Hamilton Expo Arena in West Monroe, LA on September 25-27, 2020. You only have to attend four (4) shows and ride a minimum of eight (8) times in each of the shows to qualify to participate in the 2020 DRTPA Finals. Riders who participate in seven (7) or more sanctioned events are awarded a year-end jacket or other award. Also, if a member participates in eight (8) or more sanctioned events that member is awarded a buckle or other award in addition to the jacket.
Be a part of the 80 RIDE PENNING & SORTING CLUB. At the 2020 DRTPA Finals there will be special penning & sorting classes for the 80 Ride Club with added money. All members who ride a minimum of 80 times in any classes at DRTPA sanctioned events will be eligible to participate in the special 80 RIDE CLUB penning and sorting classes.
Dixie Region Team Penning Association is very excited with the growth of the Regional Association. We hope you will come join us for an exciting 2019-2020 DRTPA season and a Finals of Great Paybacks, Awards, Banquet, and some of the greatest people in the team penning and sorting sport. For new members we look forward to you becoming a part of the Dixie Region Team Penning family, and for current members we can’t wait to see you again during the coming show year. Safe Travels to You All.